Thursday, February 6, 2020

I DID NOT SAY CHRISTIANITY DESTROYED NIGERIA - AKINTOLA


DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT SAY “CHRISTIANITY HAS DESTROYED NIGERIA, WE WANT ONLY ISLAM”
My attention has been drawn to the above statement which is being ascribed to me by a hostile and destructive section of the Nigerian media. I was constrained to check the false publication and I found it on https://odinceblog.com/christianity-has-destroyed-nigeria-we-want-only-islam-prof-akintola and http://latheeffarook.net/christianity-has-destroyed-nigeria-we-want-only-islam/.
Though I am a Muslim activist, I have always recognised the rights of all citizens. I believe in live and let live. Christians have the right to exist just as Muslims have the right to exist. It is most wicked to ascribe this kind of statement to me. Our organisation sends fraternal greetings to Christians during every festival. Although some extremist Muslims criticise us for recognising Christian festivals, we defend our position by saying that Islam recognises the existence of other religions. We condemn Boko Haram attacks on Christians each time it happens. How then can anybody publish such trash about me? I reject it in Allah's Mighty Name.
This publication is definitely the handiwork of those who feel threatened by my consistent advocacy for the assertion of Allah-given fundamental human rights of Muslims. They have been used to persecuting Muslims for so long and getting away with it. They are now feeling the heat because MURIC is challenging them and we are winning the struggle. In fact the current hostile attacks on me as a person shows that MURIC’s actions are yielding positive results. Their next obsession is to seek our destruction. Allah will not allow that to happen. That is why they are sending death threats. That is why they are embarking on blackmail, outright lies and coercion. That is why they have mobilised the laziest section of the media to incite people against us.  But all these will not deter us from the path of intellectual jihad.  
Some media houses are in the habit of deliberately distorting statements. I have ignored so many of such falsifications in the past but I am no longer going to tolerate their inciting publications. I hereby give a warning to the two media houses mentioned above to retract the publication within seven days or they will hear from my lawyer. Henceforth, any media house that publishes fake news or inciting statements against us will meet us in the court of law. Enough of reckless and irresponsible journalism. It is Islamophobia that motivates them but they will learn the hard way. They have forgotten that we are in a civilised world. Any media house that incites people against us will be taken to court. They will only make MURIC rich. Our lawyers have been idle for some time. Now they are going to get a piece of action.
Meanwhile, I must thank level-headed and objective members of the media for the good work they are doing. Nigeria needs peace to make progress and the press is a critical stakeholder in this regard. Those who publish falsehood are out to cause trouble. They are enemies of Nigeria. Most especially, they are the black sheep in the media. They tarnish the image of the noble profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment